Strong strategic, economic and political rationale to accelerate energy transition
Gas2Wire is a means of monetising natural gas through the generation of electricity ‘on site’ on offshore hydrocarbon field infrastructure, which is then exported to the transmission network by either electricity cable to shore or to renewables infrastructure for onward input into the transmission network. Allied with CarbonCapture technology, low carbon electricity can be produced, a highly effective and near term energy transition pathway.
Increases low carbon electricity production
Accelerates energy transition and ‘Net Zero’
Improves MER and security of supply
Gas2Wire+CarbonCapture opportunities form a specific ‘domain’ of the offshore oil and gas sector with unique characteristics that enable acceleration of energy transition, recovery of stranded or marginal resources, minimise emissions and produce low carbon electricity. Such projects:
- Utilise proven technology to reduce emissions.
- Can be designed to lower project risks in upstream, operational and commercial phases by deploying existing infrastructure OR applying turnkey solutions.
- Are small scale so requiring the high quality performance commitment of all stakeholders.
- Are modular in nature so repeatable processes to improve know-how.
- Require careful ‘through-life’ project management to ensure forecasted IRRs are achieved.
From Platform to Grid
The platform is reconfigured for process modifications, electrical systems, gas turbine installation to convert reservoir gas to electricity, OR, a turnkey operation can be integrated to existing infrastructure
A subsea cable system installed and connected…..
The cable is connected to national transmission or grid after meeting with all permissions, approvals and OFTO regulations
With connection in place, dispatchable low carbon electricity is dispatched to the grid on demand and traded on the wholesale market